Define your safe working parameters faster with the TSu.
Rapidly identify thermal and pressure hazards in reaction mixes and raw material liquids and powders.
Get yours before the 2022 price rise!
TSu | Thermal and Pressure Hazard Screening Platform
Designed for the rapid screening of both thermal and pressure hazards in reaction mixes and samples on the same compact platform.
Superior alternative technique to the classical DSC/DTA (Differential Scanning Calorimetry/Differential Thermal Analysis) methods.
- Thermal stability testing of reactions and raw materials
- Screening of reaction hazards in process development and scale-up
- Stability studies on reaction waste streams
Thermal and pressure hazard assessment on the same compact platform, saving you time and money.
labCONSOL® enables regular data logging, multi-step recipes, parameter control, and feedback loops.
Safety as Standard
Automatic, user-configurable hazard detection and shutdown procedures as standard.
Customizable plans allow for easy running of the system with automated heating, detection of gas generation, and safety steps.
Features and Options
Brochures and Specifications
Raw Material Hazard Screening
Identifying thermal and pressure hazards
The TSu (Thermal Screening Unit) enables rapid screening of both the temperature and pressure characteristics on the same platform. Parameters such as the onset temperature of decomposition (Td) and rate of pressure increase can be determined, enabling an initial hazard assessment of the material.
Some of the most hazardous reactions to scale up involve the production of non-condensable gases, with the rapid increase in pressure representing a potential explosion risk. Therefore, the ability to study pressure events in addition to thermal events is vital in effectively screening a sample.
Reaction Mix Hazard Screening
Supports large-volume measurements, enabling representative samples of the reaction mix to be screened and reliable onset temperatures to be determined for the reactants, intermediates, and products in the reaction mix. It also enables the vital assessment of pressure events in the reaction mix and can find use in the study of the waste streams from reactions.
Test Cell Type and Volume
- Standard spherical and high Phi-factor test cells.
- Available in Stainless Steel, Hastelloy, and glass.
- Volume range 0.5 ml to 10 ml.
- Ambient to 500 °C.
- Optional: Low-temperature addition (starting at -20 ⁰C or -40 ⁰C dependent on oil circulator) for testing of highly unstable chemicals.
High Pressure and Vacuum Systems
- Pressure range 1 to 150 bar.
Intelligent Software Control and Analysis
- labCONSOL software control enables regular data logging, multi-step recipes, parameter control, and feedback loops. The software adds a responsive intelligence to the TSu system and still delivers an intuitive interface that needs only minimal training to run quickly.
- Customizable standard plans allow for easy running of the system with automated heating, detection of gas generation, and safety steps.
- Optional: Bespoke testing methods.
- Automatic, user-configurable hazard detection and shutdown procedures to ensure user safety.
- Automatic hardware and software fail-safes are installed on every system